Parent Advisory Committee
The Migrant Education Program (MEP) is accepting applications to fill a vacant seat on the Parent Advisory Committee. MEP consults with the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of the local migrant education program.
Consideration is given to the following criteria when selecting individuals for the Migrant Education Parent Advisory Committee:
- Commitment to improving educational opportunities for MEP students.
- Sincere interest in the welfare of MEP children and in quality education.
- Community involvement and ability to network within the community.
- Working knowledge of the Anchorage community.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member, as well as a leader.
- Ability to motivate others to become engaged and involved.
- Commit to attending quarterly meetings.
As a member of the Migrant Education Parent Advisory Committee, you may:
- Work with school staff to identify the educational and supportive needs of the children participating in the Migrant Education Program.
- Take an active role in promoting parental participation.
- Assist and advise the school district on the planning and implementation of the Migrant Education Program.
- Assist in identifying community resources.
- Assist in providing information to parents about the Migrant Education Program.
- Listen to any person or group who may have questions, concerns, or recommendations about the present Migrant Education Program.
- If you have any questions please call our office at 907-742-4275 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply for the Migrant Education Parent Committee: https://forms.gle/7urRrQ1QanrBffk2A
Migrant Education is excited to launch our new online application/registration platform!
This is where you will create an "account" which will enable you to apply for opportunities offered through Migrant Education. To create an account please click the link below and follow these steps to get started.
Click on New user sign up.
Enter your (parent/guardian) first name.
Enter your (parent/guardian) last name.
Enter your email.
Create a password.
If you need helping with your account or have questions please call the Migrant Education office at 907.742.4275