Early Childhood Education
The Migrant Education Program is pleased to provide early childhood education opportunities for the 2023-2024 school year. Migrant Education currently funds two preschools that operate within the Anchorage School District General Education Preschool Program. The district uses an application process, needs determination, and wait list for preschool sign-up. ASD preschool classrooms strive to provide a safe, positive, and nurturing environment in which to foster each child's academic, language, social, emotional, and motor development. Teachers design learning activities to meet the unique needs of each child. The preschool program values the importance of families in learning.
Migrant Education also provides early learning opportunities through playgroups, for 4-year-old children, not enrolled in a preschool, at home learning kits, and preschool exploration days. Please contact Sarah Randolph Andrews for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Migrant Education Funded Preschool Program locations:
- Denali Montessori Elementary (952 Cordova Street)
- Ocean View Elementary (11911 John's Road)
- To apply:
- Children must be 4 years old by September 1, 2023
- Families must be Migrant eligible
- Apply for Migrant Education Preschool at www.asdk12.org/preschool/gened.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children.
For more information, contact Beverly Groskreutz at 742-4275 or email@example.com.