In order to get the most from their mentorship experience, students are required to complete the following assignments:
- Career Search: One or two-page summary of researched information about the career field of interest.
- Mandatory Training Session: All students accepted into the program are required to attend. A syllabus detailing point values of assignments will also be handed out.
- Time: Minimum of 45 hours as directed by the mentor.
- Journal: This documents completed hours, but more importantly, records the student's experiences and reflections. Journals are shared with the Gifted Mentorship Coordinator on a weekly basis via Google Docs.
- Interviews: Total of 3 with professionals in the field of mentorship. Students will interview their mentor as one of their interviews.
- Article Review: One article review from a professional journal in the field of mentorship.
- Photograph with your mentor: Students will submit via text, e-mail or Google docs. This photo will be shared at the reception at the end of the program. Creativity is encouraged!
- Project: Required for all mentorships. Students should discuss their project with their mentor early in the mentorship. Students will schedule their presentation of their project with the Gifted Mentorship Coordinator. Students will invite their parent(s) and mentor to the presentation.
- Communication: The Gifted Mentorship Coordinator will be at each school every other week to meet with students. Students must communicate with the Mentorship Coordinator at least every other week.
- Thank you: Students are encouraged to thank their mentor by writing a thank you note. Students may also give their mentor a small gift to show appreciation for their time.
- Reception: Mentors, students and parents will be invited to a reception at the end of the program in the spring.