A $110 activity fee per ASD-sponsored sport is required unless:
- a student applies for and receives a fee waiver based on hardship through the school activity office
- There is an individual student cap of $220 (two activities) per school year. There is no fee for participation in subsequent activities once a student reaches the individual student cap.
Online payment of fees can be made using the Zangle/Q student information system.
Middle school students may participate in interscholastic and intramural athletics and a variety of academic and recreational activities. Students who would like to participate in interscholastic and intramural sports must:
- be enrolled as a full-time student in the Anchorage School District (four or more classes)
- have an Activity participation form signed by a parent/guardian for each sport (scaled for 8.5x14, copies available at each school).
- have a current sports physical on file with the school; this exam is good for eighteen (18) months from date of issue
In order to practice or play in a game, a student must be in attendance at school a minimum of one-half day, except for extenuating circumstances (such as a school field trip) approved by an administrator.
How to Register
When registering to participate in an activity please have the following:
- Health Exam form signed by a doctor, student and parent/guardian. Health exams are good for 18 months and must be current throughout the season of the sport.
- Middle School Activity Participation form filled out by parents and students to give consent to participate in activities.
- COVID Sports Waiver and Release Form
- includes Activity Sponsors' Handbook and Athletics information
- Refund form - Please bring this to the activity clerk at your school if seeking a refund of an activity fee.