Agendas, Memos and Documents
School Board documents are available through BoardDocs, the online school board meeting software used by ASD. To access agendas and documents, click the public access button below.
To watch live streaming of School Board meetings, access the ASD YouTube channel through the watch online button below. To access archived meetings click HERE
Creating a High-Performing District
The Anchorage School Board is a municipal-wide elected body with governance responsibility for the Anchorage School District. As a governance board, it is our responsibility to:
- Set a clear direction for the District;
- Empower and hold accountable the Superintendent for implementing our direction and managing District operations;
- Develop and adopt policies that support and implement the Board’s strategic plan;
- Approve, adopt, and monitor an annual budget; and
- Model the professionalism and degree of effort they expect from students, families and staff.
Core Values & Beliefs
POTENTIAL: Every student deserves the opportunity to achieve his or her potential
HIGH EXPECTATIONS: The District will foster a culture of high expectations
ACCOUNTABILITY: The District will be open, transparent and accountable to the public
SAFETY: All schools and departments will be safe and supportive
RESPONSIVENESS: Public education should be responsive to an ever-changing world