Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4854
Location: 5530 E Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Maintain and distribute hands-on science kits and supplies
- Foster and sustain district, community, state, and national, partnerships to implement the ASD mission
- Develop, review, revise, and support implementation of academic plans
- Review, design and manage K-12 science curriculum materials
- Promote effective science instruction through professional development and school support
The Science department strives to develop in all students the science process skills and content knowledge necessary for the successful navigation of the modern world. Authentic science experiences are provided to students through place-based curriculum that is aligned with adopted standards. Instructional approaches focused on inquiry and engineering design build student capacity to solve real-world problems that impact their lives and our community.
Safety is our number one priority. Guidelines for the proper use of science equipment, and descriptions of the risks involved, are outlined in the Safety Contracts posted here. Teachers instruct upon and enforce the rules outlined in these contracts to ensure the safety of all students in science class.