Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-3844 | Fax: (907) 742-3860
Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
Vision and Beliefs
The unifying vision that guides the Anchorage School District's professional learning is: Every ASD employee engages in continuous professional growth, so every student achieves.
The following statements can summarize the operating principles and central beliefs that guide our practices, adopted from Learning Forward:
1. Effective professional learning is fundamental to student learning.
2. All ASD employees have an obligation to improve their practice.
3. More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
4. Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
5. Improving student learning and professional practice requires ongoing systemic and organizational change.
Professional Learning Team
Dianna Beltran, Ed.D.
Senior Director of Teaching and Learning(907) 742-4466Sindy Mendez Espino
Assistant Director of Professional Learning(907) 742-4021Emily BakerProfessional Development Coordinator(907) 742-4588