Play to Learn Playgroups
ASD Preschool is sponsoring Play to Learn Playgroups for children 3 to 5-years old, not yet in kindergarten and their families. Playgroups occur one hour, once a week, for four weeks and are hosted by an early childhood educator.
Location: Chester Valley Elementary
1751 Patterson St.
Anchorage, AK 99504
Cohort 1: 9:30-10:30am, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3
Cohort 2: 12:30-1:30pm or 2:00-3:00pm, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3
Cohort 3: 9:30-10:30am or 11:00am-12:00pm, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7
What Are Play to Learn Playgroups?
Play to Learn Playgroups (P2L)
Play to Learn Playgroups bring together children (ages 3 to 5, not yet in kindergarten), their caregivers, and an early childhood teacher. These weekly playgroups will build a community for family support and work on positive classroom behaviors. Families will also have access to needed resources, information and ideas for age-appropriate activities to practice at home. This is a program sponsored by the Anchorage School District.
What are the benefits of joining a P2L Playgroup?
- Provides age-appropriate activities for children and parents
- Nurtures social family connections and friendships
- Connects families to community resources
How can my family participate?
- For each Play to Learn cohort, a maximum of 7 families will attend.
- Each cohort is a 4-week commitment where families are expected to attend one hour, once a week.
What happens each week?
- Educational free play
- Circle time
- Time to share information about resources and activities while connecting with other families
- Gross motor and sensory play