Early Intervention/Special Education Preschool: (907) 742-2657
General Education Preschool: (907) 742-4140
Location: 5530 Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Early Intervention Services Center
- Community-Based Special Education Services (CARE Team)
- General Education Preschool Classrooms
- Itinerant Speech-Language Services
- Listening & Spoken Language Preschool Classrooms
- AKSDHH Preschool Classroom
- Special Education Preschool Developmental Classrooms
- Special Education Preschool Communication Classrooms
Anchorage School District Preschool
ASD preschool classrooms strive to provide a safe, positive and nurturing environment in which to foster each child's cognitive (including literacy and math), language, social, emotional, and motor development. We believe that children learn best through meaningful play and in the context of responsive relationships. Teachers intentionally design learning activities to meet the unique needs of each child. The ASD Preschool program values the importance of families in early education.
Special education services are available for children ages 3-5. In addition, many schools offer general education preschool programs for children who are 4-years-old on or before Sept. 1st. General education preschool programs require an application and have selection and eligibility criteria. Visit www.asdk12.org/preschool/gened to review details.