Join the Anchorage School District Team!
Come work with us! ASD offers the following hiring and employment incentives:
Current regular ASD employees can receive a bonus when referring an applicant who is hired as a special education paraprofessional educator; a Student Nutrition manager, assistant manager, lead or assistant; or a Student Transportation bus driver or attendant. For each new employee hired into a regular position, the referring employee will receive a $500 bonus payment if the new employee successfully completes their probationary period. If the new employee remains employed through the end of the school year, the referring employee will receive an additional $500 payment. To receive the referral bonus, the applicant must list the referring employee's name on their application.
- For the 2023-24 school year, Food employees who work through the school year will be paid a bonus of $1000, prorated by FTE, in their final paycheck of the year.
- Food employees hired after December 1, 2023 who work through the school year will be eligible for a bonus of $500, prorated by FTE, in their final paycheck of the year.
Related Services Educators
AEA associated staff in some related services positions earn an extra 6% on annual salary:
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- School Psychologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Teacher of the Blind or Visually Impaired
Special Education Educators in Self-Contained Classrooms
AEA associated staff in some Special Education positions earn an extra 6% on annual salary:
- Adapted Physical Education
- Affective Skills
- Deaf Education
- Extended Resource
- Hard of Hearing
- Life Skills
- School Based Behavior Supports (SBBS)
- Structured Learning
- Whaley School
Special Education Educator Incentives
Special Education positions associated with AEA also have incentive options:
- Signing bonus of $5000 for at least two years of service
- Relocation assistance of up to $10,000 for up to four years of service
- Special Education Alternative Certificate program, where ASD provides tuition reimbursement for general education teachers working to obtain their special education endorsement
Special Education Paraprofessional Educators
- Special Education paraprofessional educators with 48 credits of college or more education are eligible for a minimum extra 2% on top of their base hourly wage.
- Special Education paraprofessional educators for special programs receive an extra $1.00 differential, and for behavior support receive an extra $2.00 differential, on each hour worked, not to exceed 8 hours per day.