Join the Anchorage School District Team!
Come work with us! ASD offers the following hiring and employment incentives:
Current regular ASD employees can receive a bonus when referring an applicant who is hired as a special education paraprofessional educator; a Student Nutrition manager, assistant manager, lead or assistant; or a Student Transportation bus driver or attendant. For each new employee hired into a regular position, the referring employee will receive a $500 bonus payment if the new employee successfully completes their probationary period. If the new employee remains employed through the end of the school year, the referring employee will receive an additional $500 payment. To receive the referral bonus, the applicant must list the referring employee's name on their application.
Bus Drivers and Attendants
- For drivers: $2500 bonus based on days worked for bus drivers who remain employed through the end of the first semester of the 2022-23 school year.
- For attendants: $500 bonus based on days worked for bus attendants who remain employed through the end of the first semester of the 2022-23 school year.
- For student nutrition managers, assistant managers, and leads: $2500 bonus, prorated by FTE, for employees who remain employed through the 2022-23 school year. Half of the bonus will be paid at the end of the first semester, the other at the end of the second semester.
- For student nutrition school cafeteria and kitchen assistants: $1000 bonus, prorated by FTE. Half of the bonus will be paid to employees who remain employed through the end of the first semester, the other half will be paid to employees who remain employed through the end of the second semester.
Related Services Educators
AEA associated staff in some related services positions earn an extra 6% on annual salary:
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- School Psychologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Teacher of the Blind or Visually Impaired
Special Education Educators in Self-Contained Classrooms
AEA associated staff in some Special Education positions earn an extra 6% on annual salary:
- Adapted Physical Education
- Affective Skills
- Deaf Education
- Extended Resource
- Hard of Hearing
- Life Skills
- School Based Behavior Supports (SBBS)
- Structured Learning
- Whaley School
Special Education Educator Incentives
Special Education positions associated with AEA also have incentive options:
- Signing bonus of $5000 for at least two years of service
- Relocation assistance of up to $10,000 for up to four years of service
- Special Education Alternative Certificate program, where ASD provides tuition reimbursement for general education teachers working to obtain their special education endorsement
Special Education Paraprofessional Educators
- Special Education paraprofessional educators with 48 credits of college or more education are eligible for a minimum extra 2% on top of their base hourly wage.
- Special Education paraprofessional educators for special programs receive an extra $1.00 differential, and for behavior support receive an extra $2.00 differential, on each hour worked, not to exceed 8 hours per day.