Early Intervention Services Center
The Early Intervention Services Center is located in the ASD Education Center, 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. 742-2657
The EISC is the central location supporting families of preschool children for: Child Find & Child Check Screening, assessment for eligibility for special education and related services, transition from infant learning programs to school-based services, and assisting families with out-of-District IEPs for their preschool child. Parents seeking an assessment for their child should be referred to the EISC. EISC staff members are available as a resource to school teams and families.
EISC offers free developmental screenings for preschool aged children (3-5). If you have concerns about your child's development, please complete these steps to initiate a referral to Early Intervention Services Center.
If your child is younger than three, please contact Infant Learning to initiate a screening. If your child lives in Anchorage, contact Programs for Infants and Children. If your child lives in Eagle River/Chugiak or on JBER, please contact FOCUS.
Step One: Complete the Parent/Caregiver Questionnaire and Preschool Health/Medical History Questionnaire
ILP Providers click HERE for ILP forms.
For help digitally signing documents:
Please include the follow documents when you submit completed paperwork:
*Copy of child's birth certificate
*Current immunization record, if available
- Complete the Ages and Stages Questionnaire.
Please click here to access the ASQ-3 in English.
Please click here to access the ASQ-3 in Spanish.
- If you have concerns about your child's social skills, emotional regulation and/or behavior, please also complete the Ages and Stages-Social Emotional.
Please click here to access the ASQ-SE in English.
Please click here to access the ASQ-SE in Spanish.
Step Three: Return Completed Parent/Family Questionnaire and Health History form to the Early Intervention Services Center
Please include a copy of your child's birth certificate in the return packet.
You may return the questionnaires by:
- Delivering the packet in person to the EISC. The EISC is located in the ASD Education Center Building at 5530 E. Northern Lights. The office is open daily 8:00-4:30pm. In addition, there is a secured drop box outside the door to the office for families to use after-hours.
- Mailing to EISC, 5530 E. Northern Lights, Anchorage AK 99504.
- Emailing a PDF of the questionnaires to the EISC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxing the forms to 742-2660.
Once the packet is returned, it will be reviewed by the preschool assessment team. A member of that team will call the family within 1-2 weeks to discuss next steps.