Early Intervention Services Center
The Early Intervention Services Center is located in the ASD Education Center, 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. 742-2657
The EISC is the central location supporting families of preschool children for: Child Find & Child Check Screening, assessment for eligibility for special education and related services, transition from infant learning programs to school-based services, and assisting families with out-of-District IEPs for their preschool child. Parents seeking an assessment for their child should be referred to the EISC. EISC staff members are available as a resource to school teams and families.
EISC offers free developmental screenings for preschool aged children (3-5). If you have concerns about your child's development, please complete these steps to initiate a referral to Early Intervention Services Center.
If your child is younger than three, please contact Infant Learning to initiate a screening. If your child lives in Anchorage, contact Programs for Infants and Children. If your child lives in Eagle River/Chugiak or on JBER, please contact FOCUS.
Step One: Complete the Parent/Caregiver Questionnaire and Preschool Health/Medical History Questionnaire
- Complete the Ages and Stages Questionnaire.
Please click here to access the ASQ-3 in English.
Please click here to access the ASQ-3 in Spanish.
- If you have concerns about your child's social skills, emotional regulation and/or behavior, please also complete the Ages and Stages-Social Emotional.
Please click here to access the ASQ-SE in English.
Please click here to access the ASQ-SE in Spanish.
Step Three: Return Completed Parent/Family Questionnaire and Health History form to the Early Intervention Services Center
Please include a copy of your child's birth certificate in the return packet.
You may return the questionnaires by:
- In-person drop off is currently suspended due to the COVID risk level. Please choose one of the options below for submitting paperwork. Delivering the packet in person to the EISC. The EISC is located in the ASD Education Center Building at 5530 E. Northern Lights. The office is open daily 8:00-5:00. In addition, there is a secured drop box outside the door to the office for families to use after-hours.
- Mailing to EISC, 5530 E. Northern Lights, Anchorage AK 99504.
- Emailing a PDF of the questionnaires to the EISC at email@example.com
- Faxing the forms to 742-2660.
Once the packet is returned, it will be reviewed by the preschool assessment team. A member of that team will call the family within 1-2 weeks to discuss next steps.