- Develop Curriculum and Professional Development for art, music, and theatre faculty
- Recruit and Retain highly qualified and certified arts educators
- Liaise with ASD schools and the community in Fine Arts related curriculum and events
- Organize and Manage the District Fine Arts Calendar
- Produce District-wide Fine Arts Events
The Anchorage School District’s Fine Arts Department is a major instructional gateway for students to develop their talent, abilities and interests in Art, Music and Theatre.
Taught by more than two hundred certified professionals, district wide, the Fine Arts Department and the schools they represent offer K-6 classroom art and music, as well as secondary elective opportunities in band, choir, orchestra, guitar and ukulele, drawing, painting, jewelry, ceramics, printmaking, and theatre studies. With over 33,000 of ASD’s 48,000 students enrolled in the arts, we understand the impact good arts instruction has on the youth of our Anchorage Community.
Please click on a link to take you a specific studies area, or our district calendar of ASD Fine Arts events.