Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4445Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
The Indigenous Education Department provides services for academic enrichment and cultural identity for Native American students. We believe it is important for all students to share themselves as a valued member of their community. We teach students to explore and share their own unique cultural identity. This is a valuable element in ensuring that they succeed in school and life readiness.
There are three programs in the Indigenous Education Department:
- Academic and community enrichment program with Student Support Specialists as in-school staff support to ensure Native students are connected in their school communities.
- "Gui Kima" - Culture Identity program with culturally-inspired lessons from our elders and culture bearers
- Alaska Strong - Fatherhood connectedness program for parents of Native students in ASD.
The Indigenous Education Department is advised by the Native Advisory Committee, a group of parents, students, and teachers.
- Family Engagement
- Cultural enrichment
- Indigenous language enrichment
- Supplemental academic support
- Outreach with tribes
- Professional development for ASD staff
- Native Youth Olympics