Apply Online for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
YOU MUST APPLY EVERY SCHOOL YEAR.
Families with students at pricing schools are encouraged to apply. Please include all ASD students in your household in the student section on the meal application, regardless of where they attend school, so we may certify your family in one application together. You may apply at any time of the year if your circumstances change due to layoffs, adding people to your households or decreased income.
If all of your ASD students attend Community Eligible Program (CEP) schools, no application is required. If some students attend pricing schools and some attend community eligble schools, you should apply.
Note: Applications for the 22-23 school year will be accepted between mid July and the beginning of August 2022. Again if all of your students attended CEP schools this year, please do NOT apply.
The new web portal for Free and Reduced Meals is at www.schoolcafe.com/anchorage
*****TECHNICAL SERVICE ALERT as of 9/24/2021----
The click to apply online link will not work on many smartphones. If you are trying to apply via smartphone and having difficulty please try using www.schoolcafe.com/anchorage
The weblink above should work fine on laptops and tablets but if it does not please type the address into a google chrome browser.
Online FRP applications
- We have a new software system this year, you are able to apply online to avoid lost applications or postage costs.
- Safe, secure and confidential.
- FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS THAT ATTEND ONLY COMMUNITY ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS DO NOT NEED TO APPLY.
- Don't have your student ID handy? No problem, simply click APPLY FOR BENEFITS inside the school cafe link, fill in the rest of the fields about your student and we will be able to process the application.
- If you need to backup or reapply, you will want to click the pencil icon next to the student to execute the Edit function, answer the questions about student income (if your student has a job or receives an SSI benefit in their name).
- You will be asked about whether your student received a PFD. The 2021 PFD is the PFD that was issued in October 2021. If this is blank, our office will need to call you in most cases to verify.
- If you have questions about what types of income to report, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can help you. Please provide a valid phone number and good call back times. In some cases we may be able to answer your question via e-mail.
- The information you provide may be audited, we recommend before applying that you gather your paystubs and review the gross income before deductions and the frequency of your pay stubs. If you are not sure how to report non-standard incomes, please email us your questions at email@example.com
Your child(ren) may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls within the limits on the Federal Income Chart.
Federal Eligibility Income Chart for School Year 2022-23
If your income falls in or below this chart, you may qualify for free or reduced-priced meals.
Every Two Weeks
For each additional family member add:
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page by clicking here: Free & Reduced FAQ
Email your questions to the Student Nutrition Center: SNAdmin@asdk12.org
Call us regarding Free and Reduced eligibility or questions at (907) 348-5145
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
- mail:U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
- fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal-opportunity provider.