Apply for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
PLEASE APPLY EVERY SCHOOL YEAR
For the 2023-24 school year, registration is open as of August 1, 2023
The income guideline sheet in your registration is for reference and NOT an application.
If the above link does not work, try copying and pasting the below link into your browser:
Please include all ASD students in your household on the meal application, regardless of where they attend school, so we may certify your family in one application together. You may apply at any time of the year if your circumstances change due to layoffs, adding people to your households, or decreased income. Families that have students that attend only CEP schools cannot submit a meal application.
Again, if all of your students attended CEP schools this year, please do NOT apply unless one of your students moves into a pricing school mid-year.
Meal Application Instructions
We accept applications online, by mail, or you may drop-off the application at your school cafeteria or the Student Nutrition Center.
Should you have any questions, such as what income must be reported, how to report non-standard income, or other issues, please feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 907-348-5145.
Online application is the fastest and most secure way to apply
- Go to the SchoolCafe web site
- Register for school cafe. If you are the parent, use a parent email and select that you are applying as the parent or guardian.
- Select "Apply for Benefits"
- If you do not know your student's ID number, fill in the rest of the fields; we can process your application without it.
- You will be asked about whether your student received a PFD (include even if the PFD was garnished). The 2022 PFD is the PFD that was issued in October 2022. If this is blank, we will most likely have to call and verify this with you..The 2023 will be issued in October 2023.
- Answer the questions about student income if your student has a job, receives an SSI benefit in their name, or received a PFD.
- If you need to go backwards or reapply, click the pencil icon next to the student to edit (do not use your browser's "Back" button).
- The information you provide may be audited; we recommend that you gather your paystubs and review the gross income before deductions and the frequency of your paystubs before applying.
- FORGOT PASSWORD? Complete the following 2 steps in this order 1) use the email account to reset your user name 2) use the email account and user name to reset your password.
To ensure timely processing of your application, please ensure that it is complete as we must return any incomplete applications; please review the instructions on page 2 of the application.
Mail your completed application to:
ASD Student Nutrition
ATTN: F&R-price Meal Applications
1307 Labar St.
Anchorage, AK 99515
You may also deliver your application to your school's cafeteria (call school for hours) or to the Student Nutrition Center between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our office is closed on non-school days.
If possible, we recommend establishing a schoolcafe.com/anchorage account as the new portal shows a detail of daily charges. This is a new software benefit!
Federal Eligibility Income Chart for School Year 2023-24
If your household gross income falls in or below this chart, you may qualify for free or reduced-priced meals.
Every Two Weeks
For each additional family member add:
Email your questions to the Student Nutrition Center: SNAdmin@asdk12.org
Call us regarding Free and Reduced eligibility or questions at (907) 348-5145
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
- mail:U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
- fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal-opportunity provider.