To Enroll New-to-District students, Please Review the Steps Below
1. Meet requirements
In order to enroll in the Anchorage School District for the 2019-20 school year you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of Anchorage (proof of residency is required, such as a utility bill, real estate contract, or lease agreement)
- Kindergarteners must be five years old on or before Sept. 1.
- First grade students must be six years old on or before Sept. 1.
2. Gather documents
Bring the following items with you to enrollment:
- Proof of residency (Utility bill, lease or real estate contract)
- Immunization records
- Name and address of last school attended
- Birth certificate for preschool, kindergarten and first-graders
- Forms (Complete the enrollment packet and additional new student forms as needed)
- Tribal/Village Enrollment or Certificate of Indian Blood (if applicable).
Elementary In-Person Fall Registration Schedule 2019-20
In-person Registration will be held at all ASD elementary schools for New-to-District students and all Kindergarteners.
- Tuesday, July 30 - 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 31 - 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. & 5-7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1 - 9 a.m. – 3p.m.
If you are out of town on the dates listed above, please visit your school as soon as you return.
New-To-District Students (including all Kindergarteners) are required to submit the following documents at Registration:
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease or real estate contract, etc.) will be verified for the following situations: new to school/new-to-district student (including kindergarten) throughout the school year.
- Birth Certificate (copy acceptable)
- Current immunization records
- Current physical and mailing address and phone numbers of students and parents
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts and individuals who may pick up the child from school
- Name and address of previous school attended
- Copies of current legal papers if there is a custody agreement
Secondary In-person Fall Registration Schedule 2019-20
In-person Registration will be held at all Anchorage School District Secondary schools. All students must register prior to the beginning of school; please use the following schedule:
- Tuesday, August 6 -- Contact your school for times
- Wednesday, August 7 --Contact your school for times.
Returning Students may access their schedule online or in-person on the following days:
- High School and Alt High Schools: July 30
- Middle Schools: August 14
Families who are out of town on these dates may register at school upon their return.
New-to-the-District High School Students and In-District Transfers Grades 9-12
Registration at your school: In person registration will be held at each high school. Please contact your school beginning July 22nd for registration information.
Documents to bring for New–to-the-District students are:
- Current immunization records
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Unofficial transcripts from former school
- Proof of residency, such as two utility bills or a purchase agreement with your residence address
- Person other than the legal guardian who is registering children should bring proof of temporary guardianship
- Current IEP and Eligibility Reports required if applicable.
Documents to bring for Current ASD students transferring schools:
- Proof of residency, such as two utility bills or a purchase agreement with your residence address.
- Anyone other than the legal guardian registering students should bring proof of temporary guardianship.
Returning students must clear all fines/charges incurred in any ASD school before they can activate their class schedule. Please come to registration prepared to return books or pay fines/fees.