To Enroll New-to-District students, Please Review the Steps Below
1. Meet requirements
In order to enroll in the Anchorage School District for the 2018-19 school year you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of Anchorage (proof of residency is required, such as a utility bill, real estate contract, or lease agreement)
- Kindergarteners must be five years old on or before Sept. 1.
- First grade students must be six years old on or before Sept. 1.
2. Gather documents
Bring the following items with you to enrollment:
Elementary In-Person Fall Registration Schedule 2018-19
In-person Registration will be held at all ASD elementary schools for New-to-District students and all Kindergarteners.
Tuesday, July 31st - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, August 1 - 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM & 5:00 to 7:00 PM
Thursday, August 2 - 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
If you are out of town on the dates listed above, please visit your school as soon as you return.
New-To-District Students (including all Kindergarteners) are required to submit the following documents at Registration:
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease or real estate contract, etc.) will be verified for the following situations: new to school/new-to-district student (including kindergarten) throughout the school year.
- Birth Certificate (copy acceptable)
- Current immunization records
- Health history (for kindergarteners)
- Current physical and mailing address and phone numbers of students and parents
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts and individuals who may pick up the child from school
- Name and address of previous school attended
- Copies of current legal papers if there is a custody agreement