Internships in a CTE pathway are an exciting extension of the high school classroom into the workplace. They are an excellent way for students to employ their skills, gain real-world experience, build their resume, and earn high school credit at the same time. Students grow both personally and professionally, while contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working.
CTE internships are open to high school Juniors and Seniors who:
- Have completed 1 credit (2 semesters) in a CTE Pathway, related to the internship
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in all CTE courses completed
- Have 90% attendance at school
- Have reliable transportation to and from internship site
- Receive a CTE teacher recommendation and pass an interview
Applications for 2020 spring internships are open from October 1st – November 22nd. The spring (2nd semester) internships will take place over an 8-12 week period starting in January or February and ending in April.
Click here to apply online. Spring semester deadline is November 22nd, 2019.
Complete/upload the following:
- List of CTE courses taken, grades received, and attendance
- Resume – be sure to include skills and knowledge in chosen CTE area
- Essay Questions (100-150 words each question)
- What do you hope to gain from a CTE internship?
- What makes you qualified for an internship in your chosen field?
- Teacher completed recommendation form due no later than Nov. 25th .
Questions? Contact your CTE teacher or High School Counselor
Click here to see where CTE students have done internships.
For more details, download the CTE Internship Flyer.
Where do I turn in my internship application?
What happens if I miss the deadline?
If I am not accepted, how long until I can apply again?
Can I apply for a summer internship if I am graduating in May?
What happens if there are more applicants than internship openings in a particular field?
Can I find my own internship?
Can I repeat the internship class for credit?
Is the CTE internship class graded or pass/fail?
Will my internship class appear in Zangle / Q?
What will I need to do for the class?