Internships in a CTE pathway are an exciting extension of the high school classroom into the workplace. They are an excellent way for students to employ their skills, gain real-world experience, build their resume, and earn high school credit at the same time. Students grow both personally and professionally, while contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working.
CTE internships are open to high school Juniors and Seniors who:
- Have completed 1 credit (2 semesters) in a CTE Pathway, related to the internship
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in all CTE courses completed
- Have 90% attendance at school
- Have reliable transportation to and from internship site
- Receive a CTE teacher recommendation and pass an interview
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIPS WILL NOT BE OFFERED DUE TO THE OUTBREAK OF COVID-19
Students interested in taking an online, career exploration and virtual job-shadow course
please contact your high school counselor and ask them about "Career READY"
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Career READY class
Applications for internships for the 2020-21 school year are open from May 1st - Sept 18th. Winter internships take place over a 10-12 week period starting between October and April.
Complete/upload the following:
- List of CTE courses taken, grades received, and attendance
- Resume – be sure to include skills and knowledge in chosen CTE area
- Essay Questions (100-150 words each question)
- What do you hope to gain from a CTE internship?
- What makes you qualified for an internship in your chosen field?
- Teacher completed recommendation form due no later than April 6th.
Questions? Contact your CTE teacher or High School Counselor
Click here to see where CTE students have done internships.
For more details, download the CTE Internship Flyer.
Click here to apply for an internship during the 2020-21 school year.
Where do I turn in my internship application?
What happens if I miss the deadline?
If I am not accepted, how long until I can apply again?
Can I apply for a summer internship if I am graduating in May?
What happens if there are more applicants than internship openings in a particular field?
Can I find my own internship?
Can I repeat the internship class for credit?
Is the CTE internship class graded or pass/fail?
Will my internship class appear in Zangle / Q?
What will I need to do for the class?