Internships in a Career & Technical Education (CTE) pathway are an exciting extension of the high school classroom into the workplace. They are an excellent way for students to employ their skills, gain real-world experience, build their resume, and earn high school credit at the same time. Students grow both personally and professionally, while contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working.
CTE internships are open to high school Juniors and Seniors who:
- Have completed 1 credit (2 semesters) in a CTE Pathway, related to the internship
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in all CTE courses completed
- Have 90% or better attendance at school
- Have reliable transportation to and from internship site
- Receive a CTE teacher recommendation and pass an interview
Earn a semester credit in June - apply for a 2022 Summer Internship!
Applications for internships for the 2022 Summer session are open from January 3rd to April 1st, 2022.
Summer internships will take place over a 5-6 week period from the end of May through the end of June.
To apply, complete/upload the following:
- List of CTE courses taken, grades received, and attendance
- Resume – be sure to include skills and knowledge in chosen CTE area
- 2 Essay Questions (100-150 words each question)
- What do you hope to gain from a CTE internship?
- What makes you qualified for an internship in your chosen field?
- Teacher completed recommendation form due no later than April 4th, 2022.
Questions? Contact your CTE teacher or High School Counselor
Click here for a list of Current Internship Opportunities for next semester. If you do not see the field you are interested in, check back in a week. For more details, download the CTE Internships Flyer.
Click here to see where past CTE students have done internships.
CLICK HERE to apply for an internship during the Summer 2022 session. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 1st, 2022.
Where do I turn in my internship application?
What happens if I miss the deadline?
If I am not accepted, how long until I can apply again?
Can I apply for a summer internship if I am graduating in May?
What happens if there are more applicants than internship openings in a particular field?
Can I find my own internship?
Can I repeat the internship class for credit?
Is the CTE internship class graded or pass/fail?
Will my internship class appear in Zangle / Q?
What will I need to do for the class?
What will the employer require before I start?