Internships in a CTE pathway are an exciting extension of the high school classroom into the workplace. They are an excellent way for students to employ their skills, gain real-world experience, build their resume, and earn high school credit at the same time. Students grow both personally and professionally, while contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working.
CTE internships are open to high school Juniors and Seniors who:
- Have completed 1 credit (2 semesters) in a CTE Pathway, related to the internship
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in all CTE courses completed
- Have 90% attendance at school
- Have reliable transportation to and from internship site
- Receive a CTE teacher recommendation and pass an interview
Applications for 2019 fall internships are open from August 1st – September 13th. The fall internships will take place over an 8-12 week period starting in October.
Click here to apply online. Fall deadline is September 13th, 2019.
Click here to see where CTE students have done internships.
For more details, download the CTE Internship Flyer.