High School Options
Extension of 4th Quarter Online
Students who have a failing grade in their fourth quarter online courses have the option of working up to four additional weeks to complete their work.
Teachers/Counselors will contact the student's family in regards to completion of work.
Grades: 9-12, any student with a failing grade (F)
Dates Available: June 1 - June 26
Original Course Credit
Students may take courses for the first time as a way to free up their future schedules by getting some classes completed early. Incoming 9th graders interested in iSchool need to contact their counselor for guidance.
Middle School students have limited online summer offerings. Rising 8th graders are eligible to take one class. Options include Algebra Readiness, Forensic Science, or Health. 7th graders who have completed Pre Algebra are eligible to take Algebra Readiness.
Grades: 9-12, incoming 9th graders
Dates Available: June 8 - July 17
The Alaska Department of Education & Early Development (DEED) offers free online courses for grades 9 through 12 for all Alaska students. Online teachers, outside ASD, are available to support students as they work through the curriculum. Students continue enrollment in their local school.
- Enrollments will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline for requesting courses is June 26, 2020, but course start dates may begin at any time during Summer 2020.
- Summer offerings will be full semester courses through FLVS Global (FLVS teachers with DEED on-the-ground support).
- Offerings are intended to help students catch up or move ahead in preparation for the next school year, and/or to supplement/enrich summer learning.
- A student may take either semester 1 or 2, OR a full course.
- Students will have approx. 20 weeks (equivalent of a full semester) to complete a semester-long course.
- Any course in FLVS Global School full catalog is available for summer enrollment.
Dates Available: May 18 (Deadline June 26 Enrollment)